Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Women and Sport on Twitter

Graphic: Lindsey Kellis Meredith

It's easy to complain about the lack of women's sport coverage but some women are using Twitter to fight back and make their own media-noise.


They say: 'Supporting promoting and reporting women's sport, spread the word' 

I say: Based in Ireland but with a global focus, this account brings you a Sportswoman of the Day, video links and re-tweets from sportswomen and journos.


She says: 'I want women to chase their goals; their way. I want women to be inspired by women.'

I say: Based in Perth, Australia Rowena Scott loves to bike. Great insight into the Australian scene.


She says: 'Mother, Snowboarder, Owner , dreamer, lover, fighter, wifey.'

I say:  Champion snowboarder, successful entrepreneur and inspiration even for non snow-bunnies


She says: 'Full-time news sub-editor and part-time freelance sports journalist. Tweet quirky sports snippets and pictures, and about women's sports.' 

I say:  Based in Ireland but with a global focus as well as timely updates on Irish sports.


They say: 'One of 13 IFMA Working Commissions. AIM: to promote and support Female Muaythai among IFMA National Federations. ONE WORLD, ONE MUAYTHAI.' 

I say: Global account covering ThaiBoxing/ MuayThai. Includes video updates, and fight reports. 


She says: 'Surfer. Scientist. Artist. Explorer. Co-founder , , . & ambassador, participant' 

I say: An incredible surfer but an inspiration in how she lives and fights for the environment she loves.

If you follow any other inspiring sportswomen in sport Twitter, let me know!
SHARE:

No comments

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig